Logo

PICTURE: All aboard Yohan Cabaye’s Newcastle Dreamboat!

Date: 21st February 2012 at 8:20 pm
Written by: | Comments (14)

Newcastle United’s Premier League match against Wolves at St James’ Park on Saturday will see the return of their French midfielder .

The 26-year-old celebrated his birthday a week ago today and has missed the last three games for Newcastle through suspension.

His return should strengthen the Newcastle United midfielder considerably and hopefully he’ll be able to add to his tally of league goals against Wigan and Manchester United.

I may have been a bit late picking up on this, but one thing I learnt this week is that earlier in the season Cabaye was given the nickname ‘Dreamboat’.

Upon doing a bit of research around this, in regards to the ‘Dreamboat’ nickname Cabaye stated: “they say it’s because I’m a sexy boy. The English are crazy!”

He’s certainly right about that and is that all there is to Yohan Cabaye’s nickname? Please enlighten me if there’s more to it.

Anyway, whilst I was looking up the Dreamboat reference I came across this fantastic picture.

Upon Yohan Cabaye’s Dreamboat are Hatem Ben Arfa, Davide Santon, Sylvain Marveaux and Shola Ameobi, who’s sporting a rather incredible afro and moustache combo.

Is this why Hatem, Sylvain aren’t playing, because they’re stuck on the boat? In my mind, whoever created the image below is something of a genius…

At the end of the season surely Cabaye will captain a boat down the River Tyne!

***

Click on the image below to see if Cabaye makes it into the Newcastle Team of the Century!

14 thoughts on “PICTURE: All aboard Yohan Cabaye’s Newcastle Dreamboat!

• Jack
    3 years ago

Nolan was the tug boat, now we have the dreamboat

• Tom Jones

LOL!

• andrew
    3 years ago

if nolan was the tugboat, then barton was the titanic, lot of fuss made about how good he is, only to discover that he was on course for a sinker.

• Tom Jones
      3 years ago

Probably taking it a bit too far with the boat references and Barton was actually pretty damn good for us

• poop_deck
    3 years ago

I think the nickname and pic came from the N-O message board. He is indeed a sexy boy. The nickname inspired the “Love Boat” parody pic. Shola is the “Isaac” character. I used to watch that show when I was a kid. Does that make me an old bastard?

• JP...from The Rock
    3 years ago

LOL great picture and comments. I’d always wondered why he was called that, now I know :)

• andymag
    3 years ago

the titanic reference also applies to Carrol

• dave
    3 years ago

Love that poster, Shola looks like Shaft!

• Dan

Camp as a row of tents. Scary. ;/

• Dan
    3 years ago

Anyway didn’t Lee Ryder make that name up? He kept referring to him as “The Dreamboat” every couple of paragraphs.

What ordinary fan would call a player Dreamboat?

Someone’s doing the Hokey-Cokey out of the closet I think. :D

• Tom Jones

Think we need Mr Ryder to answer that

• LS
    3 years ago

I’ve been called many things, but never a genius. Cheers :)

• Tom Jones
      3 years ago

No worries, nice one mate

Your Comment